Meet Kambrya: A goddess spearheading in the art scene
We were awarded the wonderful opportunity to have KAMAB Studios sponsor this months Self-Care sounds. Kam is a California based artist that uses her creativity as a means a visualizing the internal world; centering spirituality, womanhood, and the facets of intimacy.
Her newest collection entitled: COALESCENCE, pictured below, embodies an abstract take on the notion of love and togetherness.
Check out the Self Care Sounds Playlist and IG Live Interview Below!
|Spotify | Apple Music | IG Live|
What made you choose this selection of music?
- I am a firm believer that music/frequency is healing so I chose this selection of music because each of these songs has inspired joy in my life in a myriad of ways, particularly experiencing joy through movement and introspection: being comfortable in my sensuality and sexuality and celebrating my heritage. Music is a metric I use to connect to my spirit, where my intuition leads, I follow.
What would you do to self care if you had no money?
- If I had no money for self care, I would continue to spend time in nature; it costs nothing to touch grass and hug a tree or literally smell the roses
If you could talk to your younger self what would you tell them?
- I would tell my younger self that she deserves to see herself the way her sisters always did: confident, secure and loving. I’d reassure her that her anxiety is lying to her and ensure she understood that beauty and happiness are both inside jobs, the SHE is the one she’s been waiting for and that the real magic IN you, not on you babe! Also, start saving money NOW!
What is your favorite piece in your newest collection?
- My favorite piece would have to be “Love Embodied” It’s the 30in x 40in piece from my ‘COALESCENCE’ collection. It was the most experimental of the three and I had crippling artist’s block while I was making it so I appreciate the outcome more + I feel it embodies my evolving ideas about love, the colorful nature, the ambiguity and movement needed to forge and sustain a connection.
What made you choose your profession? Do you enjoy it? If not, what would you rather be doing?
- That’s a good question and I honestly don’t feel like I have a profession, more of a praxis. I know I’ve chosen to check the box labeled artist on my applications and social media, but in my heart of hearts, I feel like I was chosen for this path even before I picked up my first crayon. In the deepest parts of my being, I feel compelled to craft and to share and to heal. I am most myself when I am creating, making art and sharing my thoughts…and I would rather be doing that from a remote beach or high desert than the suburbs of Central Cali.
What do you do to self care?
- To self care, I REST; I love sleeping or just laying down in peace. I also love skincare and body care; my mood is 1000% better when I steam, exfoliate and moisturize accordingly. I also spend a good amount of time in nature: at least 15 mins a day preferably before high noon. I also talk to myself, often, sometimes I’ll hold self therapy/care sessions with myself and record them, I find speaking aloud to be very therapeutic
You can contact KAMAB Studios on purchasing these pieces via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the The Triangle Cultural Art Gallery for additional prints and paintings